We were tired of their lame editor, so we decided to add TinyMCE into our installed version, both for ease of client use, and internal use.
The instructions are very simple.
1. Go to ProjectPier, grab the latest version (or svn)
2. Install ProjectPier as you would normally
4. Download TinyMCE
6. Copy your newly renamed “tiny_mce” directory to the root of your ProjectPier installation.
# cp -R tiny_mce /var/www/yoursite/htdocs/projectpier/
7. Now, this is the only “complicated” part. Go into your ProjectPier installation directory, and then enter the applications directory. Like this.
# cd /var/www/yoursite/htdocs/projectpier/
# cd application
# cd layouts
8. Now you’re going to want to edit three files
# nano administration.php dashboard.php project_website.php
forced_root_block : ”,
theme : “advanced”,
mode : “textareas”
10. That’s It! You are finished adding TinyMCE to your Project Management Installation! It should look something like this.